Saturday, May 28, 2011

Tires, tires tires!!

Mary

I never thought I would be excited about tires. Its just not a girl thing. Tires are a necessary evil for many of us women. We know we must have them. We also know that every few years we have to go “tire shopping” as hubby drags out what is for him an event. As we left this morning for the hour drive to Discount Tire, I found myself excited. These tires were for our 5th wheel. The last major expense before we can hit the road for the summer.

The old tires looked new because they had only about 700 miles on them. But they were original from 1998. Not a pretty thing in the Florida sun. I had my fingers crossed that we would make it the last 50 miles to the tire store. We drove it 600 miles from Florida on luck alone.

We did make it and we now have new Carlisle trailer radial tires. Whatever that means, I just know we are good to go. We have to load up a few things for the girls and our dogs and off we go to Michigan when school is out in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment