Monday, May 2, 2011

Check list for out of doors activities

We have been in several places during the past year when we realized the need for good footwear. One place in particular was when we were doing the water falls tour in Western North Carolina. Though a pair of boots would have been great, we wondered if Asics Sneakers would have been better than the 4 year old shoes we were wearing.

Years ago when I rode my bicycle cross country--from Virginia to Oregon--I had a very good pair of cycling shoes. The problem was after riding, I needed to change out of the cycling shoes thta had cleats into something I could walk in. I generally wore something similiar to Nike Lunar Glide when I was going to be chilling or walking on packed ground for any period of time.
If I find I am going to be doing more than just walking; if I am jumping or playing with our dogs Lola and Kramer, I remember there are shoes like the Nike Shox Turbo 10 that provide the extra cushion my feet need when chasing Lola to get the frisbee she refuses to drop. Kramer is much better at playing catch the frisbee, whereas Lola turns it into a game of keep away just to see me run.

No comments:

Post a Comment