Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Movin To a New State

Mary

We Moved To North Carolina in 2009. Tim Moved here at the end of February. I arrived in July. The months between were spent with me packing and saying goodbye to my girls. Tim was working hard at a new school, in a new state.

Tim has always had a wandering heart and a passion for exploring new places. I found mine when I stepped out of my comfort zone and moved to a new place. The desire for travel and exploration was not natural for me. I am still am homesick most of the time. But I also learned that it was the people I have at home that I missed not so much the place itself.

One of the ways we battled my homesickness was to take day or weekend trips to explore our new state. We brought our cameras with us pretty much everywhere we went. There was something notable about every place we visited. There are still areas of the state we have not gotten to yet. Hopefully we will be visiting many of them this fall.

Here is a list of our favorite communities we have visited so far.

Big Towns:
Raleigh
Wilmington
Asheboro

Small towns:
Seagrove
Salisbury
Smithfield

Even Smaller Towns:
Benson
Clayton
Moorhead City

No comments:

Post a Comment