Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Goin Home

Mary

Last night Tim talked about not being able to go home again. I understand that life goes on at home and that the time apart does have an impact on those left behind and those of us that have left. For me the difficulty is in my leaving the kids and grandkids. I am homesick for them. I deal with my homesickness by flying home every few months and by spending a little more time there in the summer. I plan to do this even after Tim and I convert to full time traveling. It makes me happier and as a result it makes Tim happier.

His blog got me thinking about our move to North Carolina. We both are from Michigan. I have never lived anyplace but southeast Michigan in my entire life. We left our house, most of our possessions and our loved ones. We loaded everything we had in a trailer and left for a new life. I knew I was moving to an unknown place, what I didn’t know was that I was leaving an entire STATE behind. Its kind of strange, I go back to see my kids and I am “visiting” what should be home.

But, I love my new state (North Carolina). I have made friends here and it is a beautiful place to live. I have opened myself up to living a more adventurous life and to more possibilities. I am excited about seeing the country and living in new and different places. I think I may live in Michigan again….….. It least part time.

No comments:

Post a Comment