Saturday, August 20, 2011

Where was I?

Oh, talking about using the internet to generate income. Even with just a few months of developing internet "income" it is all too obvious that blogging for dollars isn't working for us. Possibly if we devoted another 5-10 years we would be rolling some cash. But since we don't want to wait 5-10 years, we have to work the web, much as we discussed using time. The web is there waiting for us to exploit it. Kind of like the idea of being a great sales person--if you can sell an Eskimo a refridgerator, you can be successful selling anything.
As with any endeavor that is intended to generate income, it has to be "branded." This is now the crossroads at which Mary and I stand. Just because we know it has to be done, we still need to figure out what it is that we want to brand.
So while we work on that dilemma, we can say what we want the branding to become, besides just income.
Perhaps it is just a dream? But we do know that up to this point every step we have taken has led us to where we are right now.
We are looking at creating a brand centered around the written word. Words that go beyond just a page of our website. Words that reach outside the blogger's box. We believe the power of the word can be defined in a song written by McElroy, Thomas Derrick/Foster, Denzil/King, Jay A and I belive first sang by David Allen Coe--

The Ride

Well, I was thumbin' from Montgomery
I had my guitar on my back
When a stranger stopped beside me in an antique Cadillac
Well he was dressed like 1950
Half drunk and hollow-eyed
He said "Its a long walk to Nashville
Would you like a ride, son?"
And well I sat down in the front seat, he turned on the radio
Them sad old songs comin' out of them speakers was solid country gold
And I noticed the stranger was ghost-white pale
When he asked me for a light
And I knew there was something strange about this ride

(Chorus)
He said "Drifter can ya make folks cry when you play and sing?
Have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues?
Can you bend them guitar strings?"
He said "Boy, can you make folks feel what you feel inside?
Cause if you're big star bound let me warn ya, its a long, hard ride"


Then he cried just south of Nashville
And he turned that car around
He said "This is where you get off boy,
Cause I'm goin' back to Alabam'"
As I stepped out of that Cadillac
I said "Mister, many thanks"
He said "You don't have to call me Mister, Mister.,
The whole world called me Hank

Chorus x2

If you're big star bound
Let me warn ya its a long, hard ride

No comments:

Post a Comment