Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Maintenance and upkeep duty

So if you read the previous posts, you know we are starting the "found the problem, now fix it" mode of our preparations for going full time in 2013. This week the focus is mainly on the Dodge 2500. I pulled out what was left of the original dash and the lower support piece as well. I thought I could fix the lower support piece (plastic) with some JB Weld. WRONG. It didn't hold under the slightest pressure. I have NEVER had any luck with these epoxy bonds and super glues. Fortunaely all the "fixes" are hidden from sight and I was just hoping to strengthen the support.
This morning before the heat, I reassembled the lower dash and installed the switches and air ducts so the Dodge can be driven. There are some plugs that didn't go to anything so I am reviewing the Factory Service Manual (FSM) I ordered from Geno's Garage on CD-rom. It is so much quicker that the paper edition. Wonder if I can up load it on the Kindle? I do have it on the laptop so that is probably easier to search than the Kindle.
Now all I have to do os order the dash from LMC Truck. I might just get the bezel piece as well. On the cummins forum there are pictures of the Dodge with a NEW dash and it really is quite amazing how good they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment