Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Start Of The Year

Mary

For us it is the beginning of the year. As educators our seasons go with the school year. Tim starts back to work officially tomorrow. I will be starting a new career from home. I was hit by the State of North Carolina budget cuts. As a result I will be unemployed until I find another career. I have been taking online classes for grant writing. I am also looking into Copy writing. Not to be confused with copy rights.

I am a little bit out of sorts. I just realized today that there are going to be a lot of lonely days in front of me. I will not have my work friends to banter with during the week. I am 12 hours from my daughters and grandkids. There is so much more to losing a job then just losing a paycheck. It is losing contact with that energy that is human interaction. I was too busy and too tired to be too home sick when I was working 10 hour days.

I am not sure how I am going to battle being lonely except to put in just as many hours on my new career and hope I become successful so that Tim and I can venture on the next phase of our adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment