Saturday, April 23, 2011

How the circle got broken

People need to keep moving, hopefully in a direction they want to go. Many of us move in a circle. Repeating the same choices over and over. That circle is comfortable. We know what to expect and there is almost a tradition to them. Good or bad, its what we know. Some people have circles that work great. Their circular gears churning away at a fabulous life where repeating the same good choices as been a path to success.
I am not one of those people. My circles sort of flip, flop and wobble along every which way without a plan or a destination. Making the same choices over and over again is not working for me. I am guessing is doesn’t work for most of us.


 

How the circle got broken
I seem to have gotten caught up in all things conventional and in “doing” what is expected. In the sprit of being honest, I liked being conventional. There was a security in the boundaries and in creating deep roots in one place. People who know me are a bit surprised at the turn my life has taken.
I do not mind sharing a little bit of my past history because, it is one that a lot of women out there share. Married young, three daughters that are incredible young woman now and still own my heart. Divorced at 43, remarried at 45. Still married and happy at 52. Fighting a major weight problem. I started breaking my circles in 2009 with a drastic move away from all things safe, conventional and comfortable.
North Carolina here I am
Mary
 

No comments:

Post a Comment