Friday, December 27, 2013

What ever happened to....




People we knew way back in elementary school? I remember hanging out with this girl in the 4th or 5th grade. She reminded me of a friend I had in kindergarten when I lived the other side of the divided highway. We would run around and play on the swings, climb the giant slide that you could only climb if you were in the 4th grade or higher. Sometimes we would spin wildly on the merry-go-round and watch the clouds like a giant kelidoscope. Years later I rememeber going over to the girl’s house as a kindergartner. The girl’s mother answered the door and said, “Child, you can’t be commin’ here and bein’ her friend.”

“I can’t?” I wondered.

“No, you can’t.”
BR> “Why?” I insisted.

“Cause you’re a boy and you’re white..” and she closed the door.



I wonder if that is what happened to Terri in the 4th grade….







No comments:

Post a Comment