Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day calm

Watching ABC's THE SIXTH SENSE when we hear a noise outside. Think nothing of it, until there is pounding at the front door. I think for a moment about grabbng my pistol that is on the bookcase, but go on to open the door with the dogs at the storm door. I walk outside to see folks with flashlights and what looks like a sheriff car behind another car in the street. Two depuities standing in the driveway with flashligts want to know where MICHAEL JOHNSON is...not here I tell them, never has lived here...The two deputies head back to their cars and leave... Am I back in Detroit? So we are spending an otherwise quite holiday weekend at the home base. I wanted to install the #10 fuel plate, but the fuel pressure gauge and the lift pump are on back order... Instead I removed the Dodge's interior--seats and flooring--to do a complete cleaning. The floor on the underside of the rubber mat was filled with Florida sand. The orginal owner spent way too much time on the beaches at St. Augustine. I pulled the flooring and scrubbed it with comet and vacuumed the sand out. There is something to be said about a clean truck--just as there is something about a dirty truck--if it is your dirt. One positive note, I came away with close to $4.00 in change!

No comments:

Post a Comment